The West Hants Club manages Bournemouth Gardens Community Tennis Club and prioritises the wellbeing of all children and adults at risk, promoting safeguarding in our club at all the events we run and in all our programmes. Our Safeguarding Policy minimises risk and aims to deliver a positive experience for everyone and responds appropriately to all safeguarding concerns and disclosures.
The Safeguarding Policy can be viewed here.
The Whistleblowing Policy can be viewed here.
The Diversity and Inclusion Policy can be viewed here.
The Concern Reporting form can be viewed here.
SAFE AND INCLUSIVE CODES OF CONDUCT
All employees and volunteers are required to abide by this Code of Conduct.
Those working in the club should at all times:
- Prioritise the well-being of all children and adults at risk at all times.
- Treat all children and adults at risk fairly and with respect.
- Be a positive role model. Act with integrity at all times.
- Help to create a safe and inclusive environment both on and off court.
- Not allow any rough or dangerous behaviour, bullying or the use of bad or inappropriate language.
- Report all allegations of abuse or poor practice to the club Welfare Officer.
- Not use any sanctions that humiliate or harm a child or adult at risk.
- Recognise diversity and make all reasonable efforts to meet individual needs.
- Keep clear boundaries between professional and personal life, including on social media.
- Have the relevant consent from parents/carers, children and adults before taking or using photos and videos.
- Refrain from making physical contact with children or adults unless it is necessary as part of the training session.
- Refrain from smoking and consuming alcohol during club activities or coaching sessions.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are clearly outlined and everyone has the required information and training.
- Avoid wherever possible being alone with a child or adult at risk unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- Refrain from transporting children or adults at risk, unless this is required as part of a club activity (e.g. lifts to the training venues, tournaments or associated activities).
- Not abuse, neglect, harm or discriminate against anyone; or act in a way that may be interpreted as such.
- Not have a relationship with anyone under 18 for whom they are coaching or responsible for.
Welfare Officer : Sarah-Jane Wright
Email : email@example.com
Tel : 01202 519455
Deputy Welfare Officer : Peter Elviss
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : 01202 519455
LTA Safe and Inclusive Tennis Team – 07941 44404
(Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
NSPCC – 080 8800 5000
CODES OF CONDUCT